How to Apply
View a summary of the application checklist ...
1. Student Forms
- Complete the Student Application form, include a recent photo, and submit them to the school with the application and testing fee of RM500. Follow the instructions for having the supplementary forms completed and sent to the school (Teacher Reference Form, Principal/Counselor Reference Form, Student Health Form, Physical Evaluation).
See also Admissions Section of the Dalat Download Centre for further forms and information on admisssion to Dalat.
2. Boarders Only
- For those applying to the boarding program, complete the additional Boarding Application. Send a photocopy of the picture page of the father’s passport, a copy of the student’s birth certificate, and four with blue blackground photos for the student visa.
See also Boarding: How to Apply for more information.
- Ask your son’s or daughter’s current school to issue a complete transcript (for high school) or school records (for middle school and elementary) with most recent grades and have it sent to Dalat. An official transcript is required for High School credits to transfer, but an unofficial copy will be accepted for planning and scheduling. Download a sample Homeschool Transcript document if you need a template.
4. SAT's & Educational Plans
- If transferring from a North American school, submit a copy of your child’s most recent standardized test scores and any individualized educational plan.
Students are accepted under the following conditions:
- Space is available.
- The program needed by the student is available in the school.
- The students’ previous school records meet the academic requirements for admittance.
- ESL students will sit for an English language exam and their results must meet the school requirements and programs available.
- The parent and the student indicate that the daily Bible classes and the weekly chapel services will not be a problem for them and agree with the compulsory attendance regulation.
- The results of an interview, if deemed necessary, between the Admissions Coordinator and the parent and student are satisfactory.
- Students entering preschool must be three years of age before September 30, and first graders must be six years of age before September 30 of the current school year.
- High School students from non-accredited schools will have their credits validated by examination or scholarship performance in Dalat International School. The placement of such students will be on a trial basis until proper validation of the previous credits has been attained.
- Priority for boarding space at Dalat International School is given to children whose parents work for organizations which are functioning in harmony with the governing board of the school.
For further information about admission to Dalat International School please visit our Admission's FAQ's
Dalat International School
Fax: (60-4) 890-2141