The Distance Learning Resource Center (DLRC) at Dalat International School serves local expatriate families as well as the families of Christian workers throughout Asia by partnering with them to provide their children with an education for life.
The DLRC serves families who are homeschooling their children in Penang, Malaysia. The DLRC provides ways for these families to be integrated into the Dalat community through a variety of services and opportunities including the following:
- full access to the Dalat library including online resources
- full access to the DLRC resource library
- option of enrolling in single classes taken on campus
- option of enrolling in online classes through Dalat (Sevenstar)
- option to participate in after-school clubs and athletic programs
- academic testing services
- homeschool/TCK consultation services at Dalat
- college/career counseling services at Dalat
- assistance with homeschool record keeping and transcripts
The DLRC also serves Christian worker families throughout Asia as a member of the Asia Education Resource Consortium (AERC). This large network of schools, agencies, and educational consultants offers a variety of services and opportunities including:
- qualified and experienced staff in major cities throughout Asia
- resource centers with lending libraries for books and teaching materials
- family education conferences (FEC) in various Asian cities
- personal consultation by e-mail, visits, phone, and Internet messaging
- testing services, including standardized tests and specialized individual tests
- secure members-only Web site and members’ forum: www.asiaerc.org
AERC members who pay their dues through Dalat are also members of the DLRC.
The DLRC and AERC provide critically needed educational services and support to expatriate families in Asia, particularly those who are using nontraditional educational methods such as homeschooling, national schools, or online schooling to educate their children where they live.