Timeline & Application Process
Thank you for responding to God’s call on your life and being willing and available to His work overseas by ministering at Dalat International School. If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
All forms should be submitted electronically, faxed or mailed to the Director of Dalat International School. We have provided two options in accessing the forms required:
Download the PDF form to your computer, print it, fill it out and then mail it to us, or
- December/January: job opening posted on school website and Mission Teach website.
- January 10 – April 30: applications and references sent to the school, initial questions and communication with the director via e-mail.
- February 1 – April 30: phone interviews arranged with director supervisor and/or director.
- March 1 – April 30th: decisions made and contracts offered.
- April/May: Flight arrangements, housing, and other transition steps taken. Welcome committee corresponding with new staff.
- July 20-22: Arrival in Penang and new staff orientation.
Dalat International School
11200 Penang, Malaysia
Fax: +60 (4) 890-2141
Keep a copy of all records and forms you complete and send to the school. Be sure to sign and date all forms. If filing out hard copies, please type or print legibly in ink. Carefully follow all directions for completing any paperwork. All forms are also available from the Dalat Download Center or click on links below.
Staff Application 12-Step Process
Complete the Staff Application Form and submit with recent photo. Begin corresponding with the director.
Download and send the reference forms to current employer, pastor, professional colleague, and friend to be filled out and returned to Dalat. These referenced can be emailed or faxed to the director.
Read through the Statement of Faith and complete the personal response portion and submit.
Complete the Personal Questionnaire and submit.
Teachers complete the Teaching Staff Survey and submit.
For administrative staff, complete the Administrative Staff Survey and submit.
Read the DIS Salary and Benefits Contract including the Lifestyle Statement to ensure that you are in agreement with the terms and conditions of employment.
- Download and Print: DIS Salary and Benefits Contract
You may be scheduled for a phone interview. Once this is complete, you may be offered a job on the condition that your background check is acceptable.
If offered a contract with DIS you will need to download and complete the Health Information Form and have a physician complete the Physical Evaluation. Submit both forms to the director.
- Download and Print: Health Information Form
The director will arrange for a background check and psychological evaluation to be performed by an independent organization. Once you have been offered the job, please consult the Moving to Penang portion on the school’s website.
- View: Moving to Penang
Read “Once You’ve Been Hired” and follow instructions for obtaining your work documents.
- Download and Print: Once You’ve Been Hired