Dalat’s Campus Development
Dalat International School is about to embark on a campus development project that will change the look of Dalat and provide great facilities to educate our children for the next thirty years. Waves or change are coming beginning in 2015 and will continue over the next few years.
New Campus Map
Capital Campaign Brochure
Schedule of Campus Development
This schedule is based on estimates and is subject to change.
- Demolition of current guidance center and classrooms
- Construction of first two floors of the guidance/media/science center
- Completion of the third floor of the guidance/media/science center
- Extension of auxiliary gym
- Demolition of parts of lower campus
- Construction of dormitory
- Completion of dormitory
- Construction of cafeteria/fine arts/auditorium
- Completion of cafeteria/fine arts/auditorium
- Demolition of existing dorms
- Construction of administration/high school building
- Construction of parking lot and service road
- Completion of administration/high school building
- Completion of parking lot and service road
- Construction of swimming pool
- Moving the outdoor basketball court
- Renovation of soccer field and playgrounds
- Completion of swimming pool
- Completion of Campus Development Project
Read a summary of our key points that you may have questions about.
A thirty year agreement with the landowners, the Sisters of the Infant Jesus Convent, has been secured guaranteeing that Dalat will be on our current location at least until 2043 and most likely beyond!
It’s Going to Hurt!
With every building project come many challenges, some we can plan for and some that are unseen. Please be patient through this process. We welcome your ideas and comments as we work together to build a great school for our children.
The goal at the end of process are great new facilities to educate and train our kids. We will have purpose-built, flexible facilities for the next thirty years.
Who’s Going to Pay?
Dalat has been a good steward of its resources for the last two decades and has saved Building Fees and any profit made to prepare for this building project. Dalat already has most of the money for the first three buildings. A capital campaign to raise the remainder of the funds will take place the next two years.
School as Usual!
Even though construction on campus will be anything but usual school will still take place on campus throughout the construction. Obviously there will need to be some changes and flexibility from everyone but continuing Dalat’s great education for our students is our first priority.
Keep Our Students Safe!
Safety is a top priority during construction. Walls will be erected and signs put up. This will undoubtedly create inconveniences and changes to all of us. Please help us by being our eyes and ears during this process to point out potential dangers you may see and also instructing your children how to stay safe around building sites.
Come and talk to us, visit the school website at www.dalat.org or email us at email@example.com