Daily Dorm Schedule
Each school day morning begins with a home-made breakfast…
Each school day morning begins with a home-made breakfast prepared by the dorm parents in each dorm home. Before students head off for school, they are responsible to take and pick up their laundry and tidy their rooms.
- School starts at 8:20 am.
- School lunch is served in the cafeteria.
- After school, students return home to their dorms for a snack and to re-connect with their dorm parents.
- Each afternoon is filled with a variety of activities including sports, drama, clubs, tutoring and homework sessions.
- Supper is served family-style in the cafeteria at 5:40 pm each evening. Free time after supper allows students to enjoy our campus facilities: basketball courts, tennis courts, swimming pool, soccer field, playgrounds and many benches and swings for socializing.
- Evening study hall is required from 7:30 – 9:00 pm in the computer lab, library or dorms.
- At the end of study hall time, students gather in their dorms either for family devotions, a weekly dorm meeting with a special treat or free time with their dorm brothers and sisters.
- Before bedtime snacking is popular, so our dorm kitchens are stocked with basic foods like bread, cheese, fruit and noodles.
- Bedtime for younger students is between 8:30 and 9:30 pm.
- High school students head for bed by 10 pm.
- Weekend bedtimes for older students are midnight on Fridays and 11 pm on Saturdays.
Weekend activities include trips to the mall, or the tourist strip of Batu Feringi, or going to the movies with friends. Penang is famous for delicious local food stalls which Dalat students enjoy on a regular basis. Weekends are also the time to work ahead on school projects. The computer lab is opened Saturday afternoons for students to work on their weekend homework.