Dalat Mission Statement
Education for life founded
on a biblical worldview.
Dalat Vision Statement
Our students will know God and impact their world for His glory.
What Do We Believe?
BIBLICAL ~ LIFE ~ EDUCATION
The educational philosophy of Dalat is based on our mission statement – “Education for life founded on a biblical worldview.” The mission statement is broken up into three different categories – education, life, and biblical for which Dalat makes statements of what “we believe.”
Dalat International School is a community based on truth, grace, and lives transformed through Jesus Christ.
- We believe God is the source of all truth.
- We believe Jesus Christ is who he said he was and that changes everything.
- We believe the Bible is relevant for contemporary life.
- We believe the Bible should be the filter through which we see God, creation, humanity, purpose, and morality.
- We believe the Bible and its teachings are a vital component of a child’s education
Dalat International School promotes learning that develops the whole student: body, heart, and mind.
- We believe that great schools foster a healthy balance of academics, the arts, and sports activities, and consider them all to be co-curricular.
- We believe that students should be challenged to critically engage their culture, their history, their worldview, and their place in time and space.
- We believe that students’ lives are enhanced by technology as they become proficient, responsible, wise, and discerning in its use.
- We believe that compassionate service to others transforms students and communities and is a vital component of education.
- We believe that the pursuit of unity and understanding within a culturally diverse community is a foundational life skill.
- We believe that an important part of learning is for students to recognize the consequences of their choices and actions, and to learn to make wise decisions.
Dalat International School exists to provide a world-class education that inspires and equips students to meet the challenges of the future.
- We believe that parents are an integral part of their child’s education and a successful school experience depends on good two-way communication and a solid partnership with families.
- We believe that each student is unique, and a student’s academic performance is not the measure of his or her worth as a person.
- We believe that a student’s grades should be a reflection of performance, mastery, application, and effort.
- We believe that homework should be a meaningful extension of the classroom and appropriately challenging.
- We believe that the Dalat educational experience extends beyond the classroom, touching multiple aspects of life.
Dalat’s Educational Philosophy
Dalat’s Mission & Vision
Our Mission: An Education for Life founded on a Biblical Worldview.
- Education for Life:
Dalat International School seeks to provide an education that goes beyond pure academics: “education for life” trains the next generation to be people of character, integrity and compassion; prepare them to make a positive impact on the world whatever their career choice, and wherever they live.
Dalat was established on God’s Word, the Bible. It is our foundation and cornerstone.
- Biblical Worldview:
Dalat follows the values stated in the Bible that help us make decisions and evaluate the world around us.
For the glory of God we will never stop improving, never stop inspiring, and never stop impacting our world.
- For the Glory of God:
Our desire is to bring honor to God in all that we do.
Striving to do better, reaching our full potential, changing, and building.
Giving courage to students. Challenging students to dream and helping them to achieve.
Being a positive influence. Bringing comfort and relief. Improving a situation with hope and life.
- Our World:
The places that we live, the people around us, the neighbor in need.