Simplifying the Admissions Process
Please refer to the following Placement Chart to determine your child’s age appropriate grade. This is a starting point only—the placement test, and interview will assist Dalat’s Admissions Committee in finalizing your child’s placement in the most appropriate grade in our school.
Students are accepted under the following conditions:
- Space is available in the grade applicant is qualified to enter.
- There is space available in ESL for applicants determined to require ESL support.
- Students entering preschool must be three years of age on Aug 1, and first graders must be six years of age on Aug 1 of the current school year.
- The program needed by the student is available in the school.
- The students’ previous school records meet the academic requirements for admittance.
- ESL students will sit for an English language exam and their results must meet the school requirements and programs available.
- The parent and the student indicate that the daily Bible classes and the weekly chapel services will not be a problem for them and agree with the compulsory attendance regulation.
- The results of an interview, if deemed necessary, between the Admissions Coordinator and the parent and student are satisfactory.
- High School students from non-accredited schools will have their credits validated by examination or scholarship performance in Dalat International School. The placement of such students will be on a trial basis until proper validation of the previous credits has been attained.
- Priority for boarding space at Dalat International School is given to children whose parents work for organizations which are functioning in harmony with the governing board of the school.
The non-refundable application fee of RM300 and testing fee RM200 (RM500 total-checks payable to Dalat International School Sdn Bhd).
Principal / Counselor Reference
Ensure to include the Principal/Counselor Reference form.
Include a current picture of the applicant.
Include a photocopy of the birth certificate.
Previous 2 years school records, including latest grades available and standardized test scores if available (not applicable for Preschool and Kindergarten applicants).
Include the Student Health Form, including immunization records.
Include a photocopy of the student’s passport.
Include the Teacher Reference form.
Include the Physical Evaluation form.
Include a photocopy of father’s and mother’s passport.
Acceptance Decisions are determined by Dalat International School’s Admissions Committee. The Head of School, Divisional Principals, Counselors and Admissions Coordinator form the Admissions Committee.
For further information about admission to Dalat please visit our Admission’s FAQ’s.
Complete the Student Application form, include a recent photo, and submit them to the school with the application and testing fee of RM500 (Preschool Applications require only RM300). Follow the instructions for having the supplementary forms completed and sent to the school (Teacher Reference Form, Principal/Counselor Reference Form, Student Health Form, Physical Evaluation).
For those applying to the boarding program, complete the additional Boarding Application. Send a photocopy of the picture page of the father’s passport, a copy of the student’s birth certificate, and four photos with blue background for the student visa.
See also Boarding: How to Apply for more information.
Ask your son’s or daughter’s current school to issue a complete transcript (for high school) or school records (for middle school and elementary) with most recent grades and have it sent to Dalat. An official transcript is required for High School credits to transfer, but an unofficial copy will be accepted for planning and scheduling.
Download a sample Homeschool Transcript document if you need a template.
SAT’s and Educational Plans
If transferring from a North American school, submit a copy of your child’s most recent standardized test scores and any individualized educational plan.
All applicants will be interviewed. Kindergarten Applicants and older will take a standardized test for admission. Applicants who have been determined to need or benefit from ESL Support will be required to enroll in ESL Support. Additional interviews with the divisional principal or ESL Coordinator might be scheduled.
Depending on your son’s or daughter’s written and verbal abilities in English, he or she may need to take an English language exam which is administered on our campus prior to admission. If your child is transferring from a non-English speaking educational system (such as Taiwan, Korea, Japan or Thailand), he or she may need to sit for additional exams that will help us determine his or her appropriate grade level.
For more information about the requirements and procedures for admission into Dalat International School see our Admissions Handbook.