The Thanksgiving holiday will be celebrated this week in the U.S. This is a major holiday for Americans as families around the country gather to spend time together and give thanks for the many blessings and provisions they have received throughout the year.
Although the lack of cold weather and American football can make it difficult for American expats in Penang to get into the spirit of the holiday, I believe it is important for us as a school to take time to express our thanks and to encourage our students to be grateful for what they have. Here is a short list of things that I am thankful for at Dalat:
- Dedicated staff who invest in the lives of our students every day
- A beautiful school campus
- Involved parents and an active PTO
- The lovely island of Penang and all it has to offer
- Dedicated and hard-working school board
- Energetic and enthusiastic student body
- God’s protection of our campus
- Friendly and peaceful nation of Malaysia
It is easy for us to overlook the everyday benefits that we have here in Penang. I would encourage us on this “Thanksgiving” long weekend to stop and take a moment to express thanks for all that we have.
Have a great long weekend!