Over the last few weeks, we have been discussing the topic of failure. I believe it has resonated with parents as I have gotten feedback on the articles from a number of you. I think this is because we all understand that failure is an important part of our life journey, but we are now creating an environment where it is to be avoided at all costs by our kids. I think some of us are wondering what this means for our kids, this generation, and society in general.
I have been doing a lot of reading on this topic and thought this week that I would, as I have on a number of occasions in the past, just share a list of the books and articles I would recommend. If the Dalat News articles of the last couple of weeks have resonated with you, I would encourage you to take the time to look through the list and read some of the books and articles listed below.
- Failing Forward, by John Maxwell (book)
- The Upside of Down, by Megan McArdle (book)
- Celebrating Failure, by Ralph Heath (book)
- Why Failure is Good For Success, by Pauline Estreem (article)
- Failure is the Key to Success, by Fred Tracy (article)
- How We Succeed by Failing, by Kathleen Parker (article)
- Achieving Success Through Failure (Youtube video)
- Ted Talk on Failure (Youtube video)