It’s the start of a new semester, and during the break a number of changes were made around campus. Here is a simple list of some of the “new” things around Dalat:
- 42 new students joined us this semester, bringing our enrollment at Dalat to 582.
- New lockers in the high school: Our old metal lockers were showing their age, so over the next two years they will be replaced by new ones.
- New computer labs – The A & B labs have been completely renovated as part of CASTLE (Center for Arts, Science, Technology, Library, and Educational Services). They will be open for use by students on Monday.
- Curriculum Mapping Software – The school has invested in software that will make it possible to improve our curriculum in all three divisions.
- New preschool playground equipment that is bright and fun.
- New Smartboards and musical instruments in the elementary school, which were provided by your generosity through the Annual Fund last semester.
- The launching of a new Capital Campaign for the Dalat community. To help us achieve all of the amazing changes around campus, the development office is launching a capital campaign this year. You will hear much more about this in the coming months.
- New iPads in the middle school – 12 new iPads are available in the middle school for teachers to use in their classrooms.
- New science equipment for the new science labs – We were able to purchase science equipment at a great price from a company that was liquidating its resources. We were able to get top of the line equipment such as an incubator, laboratory fridge, hi-res microscope, and more.
There are a number of other small changes all over the campus. The construction of CASTLE went really well over the break, and a significant amount of work was accomplished during the three weeks. Currently we are still on schedule to complete the building in April. It is exciting to see the building start to take shape and to see the potential of what is to come.