As we continue to live life through this historic pandemic, we all face anxiety and uncertainty and need to remind each other that growth is still possible—this is especially important for our students.
For over 15 years, Dalat has chosen a theme to focus on as a community. Some of the previous themes include:
- It’s Not About Me – Life is not just about what you can get out of it, but what you contribute to it.
- Walk the Talk – Being a school and community of strong character.
- Satu Dalat (One Dalat) – Striving for unity and even a stronger school community.
- Do Hard Things – Challenging the cultural mindset that teenagers focus on selfish goals of fun and little responsibility, and instead encourage them to pursue big goals.
- Road Less Travelled – Life is about choices, their consequences, and following your principles not the crowd.
- DISconnect – In today’s world we need to remember that the most important things in life come through relationships not technology.
- First Things First – Learning the importance of being able to set and keep priorities.
Dalat’s theme for the 2021-22 school year is It’s GROW Time. This theme calls us to be intentional and pursue growth in our lives, especially now. This growth centers around four key themes using G.R.O.W. as an acronym:
G = Grateful, R = Resilient, O = Optimistic, W = Willing.
As we continue to live life through this historic pandemic, we all face anxiety and uncertainty and need to remind each other that growth is still possible—this is especially important for our students. Each of the characteristics represented in our theme can have a positive impact on our journey through not only our current situation, but throughout life.
In the coming weeks and months, we will bring the theme alive in our classrooms and in other activities through the school. Each quarter we will take time to focus specifically on one of the characteristics in “GROW” with gratitude being the focus this first quarter.