As this first quarter of the 2021-2022 school year comes to a close, we are moving our focus from “Gratitude” to the second aspect of the GROW Time theme: “Resilience”. But before we do, let’s quickly review of how we can GROW to be more Grateful:
- The Science of Gratitude: Science has shown gratitude has many benefits for us emotionally, physically, and psychologically.
- The Power of Gratitude: Gratitude can help us gain back some control we have lost during the pandemic and help us navigate our current reality better.
- Looking for Gratitude: To build gratitude into our lives we need to look for it. We have to be intentional with gratitude. Gratitude does not happen automatically.
- Choosing Gratitude: A key component of gratitude is that we need to choose it consistently. The best step is to find a way to make it a habit.
- Express Gratitude: An easy way to experience more gratitude in our lives is to say “Thank You” more often.
- Bliss: Daily journal prompts to help users be grateful (Android, IOS)
- Delightful: Simplified version of a gratitude journal (Android, IOS)
- Gratitude: A large variety of features to help users be grateful (Android, IOS)
- Presently: A scaled back, bare bones gratitude journal (Android)
- Morning: Customizable app to help users be grateful (IOS)
There are many more gratitude apps out there to consider downloading and using. Receiving a “Gratitude” reminder each day might just be the key to experiencing gratefulness and all the wonderful benefits of making gratitude a part of our daily lives.