18 January 2019
We continue to move forward with improvements to our campus.
As students and parents returned to campus this semester, many will have noticed a number of changes that took place over the semester break. Let me just highlight some of what was done in those few short weeks:
- New speedbumps and pedestrian walkways for the front parking lot.
- New pedestrian access gate at the front entrance.
- Newly renovated second grade classrooms.
- Continued renovation of the elementary to be able to move preschool over there at the end of the school year.
- Improvements to Harbor Hall (sound, lighting, curtains, etc.).
- New fence and motorcycle parking at the front parking lot.
Over the last three years, Dalat was involved in major construction projects with the building of The Castle, The Lighthouse, and The Harbor. Many might assume that we are “done” for a while and not much would happen in the near future. Actually, we continue to move forward with improvements to our campus. Here is some of what we are working on right now:
- Developing plans for a new cafeteria to be located next to the middle school which will also include a multi-purpose hall, computer labs, and new bathrooms. Our current hope is to start construction in December of this year.
- Over the next 6-8 months we will be building two new expansive playgrounds. One will be located inside the elementary courtyard while the other will replace the current playground near the preschool.
- Renovation of the middle school classrooms and building. This will include changing the preschool classrooms into functional rooms for the middle school as well as other changes
- Building of a rain covered drop off area for the elementary in the front parking lot.
We are excited for these changes and improvements. Like before, there will be times of inconvenience and frustration for our community. Thank you for your understanding during these times. We will continue to update the community as we move forward with these projects.
Written by Karl Steinkamp
Recent Reflection Articles
At the start of last semester, I wrote an article about all the new things on campus. Well, it’s a new semester again and there are a number of “new” things to highlight.
In 2020 we look forward to working with you and your children to create an exceptional education experience where there is a love and excitement for learning!
There are numerous traditions regarding this visit with many of them not based in fact but more on myth or speculation. Here are a few of the myths about this famous visit.