“I believe it is important for us as a school to take time to express our thanks and to encourage our students to be grateful for what they have.”
The Thanksgiving holiday will be celebrated this week in the U.S. This is a major holiday for Americans as families around the country gather to spend time together and give thanks for the many blessings and provisions they have received throughout the year.
Although the lack of cold weather and American football can make it difficult for American expats in Penang to get into the spirit of the holiday, I believe it is important for us as a school to take time to express our thanks and to encourage our students to be grateful for what they have. Here is a short list of things that I am thankful for at Dalat:
• Dedicated staff who invest in the lives of our students every day
• A beautiful school campus with wonderful new facilities
• Involved and supportive parents and an active PTO
• The lovely island of Penang and all it has to offer
• Dedicated and hard-working school board
• The amazing food you can get here in Penang
• Energetic and enthusiastic student body
• God’s protection of our campus
• Friendly and peaceful nation of Malaysia
Written by Karl Steinkamp
Recent Reflection Articles
As we bring this semester and year to a close, let’s be excited by the idea that jumpa lagi may indeed be a prophetic statement for us all.
As we experience the missing pieces during this pandemic, we need to challenge ourselves to not let them become what we focus on.