“At the start of last semester, I wrote an article about all the new things on campus. Well, it’s a new semester again and there are a number of “new” things to highlight.”
At the start of last semester, I wrote an article about all the new things on campus. Well, it’s a new semester again and there are a number of “new” things to highlight. Here is a short list of some of the “new” things around Dalat:
- 24 new students joined us this semester bringing our enrollment to 712.
- In the elementary a new tree house was added to build upon the wonderful improvements made last semester.
- Around campus a lot of painting was done on a number of buildings to spruce them up as well as a new coating on the outdoor court. The new surface is safer and not so slippery but this does mean that it is a little bit rougher and students need to be aware of this.
- After getting feedback from the principal’s advisory league (HS students), the high school made a number of changes to the awards program to better reflect our new SOS and Flagships.
- The high school is offering a new class this semester in the area of entrepreneurship with students engaging in the development of a new business.
- We do have a couple new staff members this semester. In the ES and MS we will be welcoming a new spiritual life coordinator by the name of Sierra Henderson (daughter of Uncle Keith and Aunt Rachelle) who will be joining us 4th quarter. The elementary welcomes Mrs. Lori Carlblom who is teaching 4th grade this quarter. Lori is actually not “new” to Dalat as she and her husband were on staff at Dalat for over 20 years back in the 80’s and 90’s. We are so lucky to have her back with us!
- In the ES we are developing a new naturalist center this coming semester.
- In the student center we installed new audio visual equipment over the break which is amazing and was made possible through the annual fund.
- A new large fan will also be installed in the middle school soon and is in thanks to the annual fund as well.
The construction on The Galley (new cafeteria and multipurpose hall) started over the break. Construction on campus is never easy and we appreciate your patience during this semester. Our hope and plan is to have the new building ready for the start of the next school year. In the meantime, it is possible to watch the construction from a number of different vantage points so enjoy watching this new addition become reality over the coming months.
Written by Karl Steinkamp
Recent Reflection Articles
I greatly enjoy putting away my computer and to-do list and spending 45 minutes talking with one of our students. I believe that this is one of the most valuable things I do…
Fake news has become a part of modern day life…here are some of the fake news stories about the virus that have circulated to millions in the last couple of weeks.