Mission and Goals
Dalat Mission Statement
Education for life founded
on a biblical worldview.
Dalat Vision Statement
Our students will know God
and impact their world for His glory.
Dalat’s Mission Defined
Our Mission: An Education for Life founded on a Biblical Worldview
Flagships of Dalat
Student Outcome Statements (SOS)
To define who we are as a school and what we want to accomplish with our students, Dalat has adopted clearly defined expectations for teaching and learning. Formerly called Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLR), the goals and outcomes were revised in 2018 to meet the evolving needs of the school. We now call them Student Outcome Statements, organized around four Flagships.
Dalat inspires enthusiastic lifelong learners who are inquisitive, creative and independent.
A DALAT STUDENT COMMUNICATES SKILLFULLY BY
- asking meaningful and relevant questions.
- expressing themselves creatively and ethically through media and the arts.
- reading, writing, and speaking fluently in English.
- conveying clearly their ideas and learning
A DALAT STUDENT THINKS INNOVATIVELY BY
- demonstrating a growth mindset and exhibiting intellectual curiosity.
- being a self-directed and goal-oriented learner.
- embracing new opportunities, taking risks, and overcoming setbacks.
- reflecting critically and seeking creative solutions to everyday challenges.
Dalat empowers students to become responsible members of their community, providing opportunities to lead, serve others, and honor God.
A DALAT STUDENT SERVES COMPASSIONATELY BY
- showing respect.
- giving generously of their time, talents, and finances.
- putting God and others above themselves.
- leading through positive choices and actions
A DALAT STUDENT LIVES ETHICALLY BY
- caring for God’s creation.
- using technology appropriately.
- living a balanced and self-disciplined life.
- promoting equity and social justice.
- exhibiting integrity and honesty
Dalat encourages students to build respectful and caring relationships with sympathy and humility.
A DALAT STUDENT COLLABORATES EFFECTIVELY BY
- listening and giving feedback respectfully.
- being a flexible, adaptable, and responsible team player.
- understanding other points of view.
A DALAT STUDENT CONNECTS AUTHENTICALLY BY
- treating others with empathy & Christ-like love.
- building friendships with people of different cultures and generations.
- valuing and appreciating the Malaysian culture.
- engaging constructively in the Dalat community.
Dalat mentors students inspiring them to seek truth, love God, and grow in Christ.
A DALAT STUDENT REASONS BIBLICALLY BY
- seeking the truth.
- understanding and applying God’s Word.
- making wise decisions based on biblical truth.
- evaluating and articulating worldviews based on the Bible.
A DALAT STUDENT GROWS SPIRITUALLY BY
- showing gratitude.
- practicing habits of spiritual formation.
- pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- having a teachable attitude.
- participating in mentoring relationships.
Dalat’s We Believe Statements
The educational philosophy of Dalat is based on our mission statement – “Education for life founded on a biblical worldview.” The mission statement is broken up into three different categories – education, life, and biblical for which Dalat makes statements of what “we believe.”
Dalat International School is a community based on truth, grace, and lives transformed through Jesus Christ.
- We believe God is the source of all truth.
- We believe Jesus Christ is who he said he was and that changes everything.
- We believe the Bible is relevant for contemporary life.
- We believe the Bible should be the filter through which we see God, creation, humanity, purpose, and morality.
- We believe the Bible and its teachings are a vital component of a child’s education